Of all the things I know
I understand almost nothing

donderdag 12 november 2009

Waiting for summertimes


Only to show the problem: I focussed on Heineken (yeah yeah...) and see what happens.
This is the 50mm Cintar on 3,5. Ergo: the CRF is not correct. I reset it and the test-film looks promising!

On John's comment below: I think the Argus C is a very very beautiful, and clever camera! No, it's not a Leica (saw yours and started to dribble) and until now both mine were problem-children, but they ar so art-deco! Inspiring. Friendly. And soon I'll be making a great picture with that U.S.-Zone Sandmar. Eventually. I hope.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. The comments were those of the book author, but looking forward to what the C3 produces. I know what you mean about the rangefinders. A couple of my old rangefinders have quite poor CRFs because they really struggle now in low light, and my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. (I understood, and didn't blame you) I took the ocular out and cleaned it, John: great result. But the scale on it is wrong. (It's an Argus-thing: coupling the lens and the CRF). I know now how to calibrate it (I think).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I had never thought of it as Art Deco, but I think I agree with you. I have my grandfather's C3 and bought a spare a few years ago.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen