Of all the things I know
I understand almost nothing

zondag 12 september 2010

Then and now 12: addicted to light



1970 I was the last organist in our parish church: they literally took the old organ apart while I was playing (there is an electronic organ now).
You had to climb the stairs to the old organ in the dark, rather scary in the winter and therefore the organists entered the church always using strong language...
Today "Museumday" there was a lamp! For the first time I could see how easy the stairs are.

± 15 Years later I was also the last to play in my old school chapel, demolished now, and a few years later in the conventual church, now Byzantine. The last of the Mohicans.

HB Distagon 60mm on HP5

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Gorgeous photograph!

    But the real allure for me is the history behind it, thanks for sharing that with us!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I "saw" the picture yesterday, and came back today with the HB - and yes, it's almost psychoanalysis...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Too bad about the organ. Couldn't attend a church that didn;t have a good one. I should photograph our for a posting. Teddy Roosevelt had a cousin that was a famous organ builder. It was rescued from a demolished church in Denver.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Heerlijke foto, sterke lijnen en mooi licht. Raakt meteen een snaar.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen