Of all the things I know
I understand almost nothing

zaterdag 10 maart 2012

A Russian tutorial


I decided to go all the way, today. Wow. Although I have to say that composing this tutorial, with the "help" of Blogger was the hardest part.


So I put my Industar 28mm on the FED, innocent like a child. You can see what came out, do I have to name it? Vignetting, coma, everything that's in the book. My fault: it's for the half-frame Chaika...

So beware: they are on Ebay "for Leica etc." but don't do that! And in July, at last, I got my Чаика: perfect! Very nice lens for half frame.





But what did I know. Took a modern Uсrainian Svema and remembered that double-Ilford, it was sooo thin and floppy. And I was right: the FED tore it to pieces.


The Russian standard-drum. I practised a bit, it's an inside-out half-spiral, a bit weird but not bad once you mastered the technique.

The (also Ucrainian) Reaktiv was a bit cloudy, but I used it as prescribed on the film, 7 mins and the negatives were okay, almost as I expected...


After two days the Fixage was grey/brown - never saw that, but it made the film very clear, so no problem here.







Conclusion: the fresh Svema is dangerously thin, the Industar 28mm is very "LOMO"...
Oh, and the Leningrad worked fine, indicating nicely what I expected.






2 opmerkingen:

  1. The Ilford 72 exp. film had a very strong base, more likely to tear the camera cogwheel than that the camera would tear the film. Great tutorial, pity that the 28mm has so much vignetting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well, it is meant for 18x24, so the vignetting is ehhhh my own fault.

      Verwijderen